With over 22 years of industry experience, MDA provides best-practice training programmes by internationally qualified facilitators who have extensive practical experience in both international and local industries.
MDA is recognised as a SAICE CPD Service Provider. Click here for our verification certificate.
In-house training (classroom or virtual)
Accommodating each client’s operational constraints and personnel availability, MDA’s in-house commercial training programmes afford clients the unique opportunity to draw on MDA’s extensive practical industry experience and specialised facilitation competence in a familiar environment through focused individualised in-house commercial training programmes.
These are specifically tailored to address their own commercial challenges and related issues encountered within each clients own industry sector and particular operating environment.
MDA’s shorter duration in-house commercial training programmes typically span between oneand two days. The programmes consist of contact workshop sessions in a variety of industryrelevant topics including, but not limited to:
- the practical application of international and South African construction standard form (and bespoke) contracts, including FIDIC, JBCC, NEC and GCC;
- contract law (basic and advanced) as well as contract administration;
- the particular commercial challenges and contractual issues arising out of the implementation of these contracts within each client’s own industry sector and particular operating environment;
- the practical use of adjudication as a dispute resolution method;
- the techniques to comply with contractual obligations while proficiently realising each individual organisations commercial objectives, and
- claims and claim management.
Project Kick-off Workshops
MDA’s project kick-off workshops are interactive contact sessions with our clients’ project team and other stakeholders.
During the project kick-off workshops we explore project specific contract documentation, identify possible commercial risks, formulate appropriate responses to anticipated commercial challenges and develop documentation to ensure commercial compliance.
MDA’s project kick-off workshops have repeatedly been credited with assisting participants in minimizing unnecessary disputes that compromise relationships and maximizing the opportunity to realise commercial success.